Web pages are created as Navigation Page.
The navigation page is consisted of Referenced Entities:
- Navigation Carrousel Section
- Navigation Section
- With various display options
- Having items
CMS editor can edit a section within a Page referencing it Or modified it separately.
- You can find a section in Section & Items
- You can find your section by CMS title, Content type, Language
- Click Edit to open the edit form and update your content.
- Save and Publish it
When you open a page to edit, you may see the message:
" This content is being edited by the user "xxx", and is therefore locked to prevent other user changes....."
That means someone is editing the page and you cannot edit the page until the other user finished and unlocked the content.
Meanwhile, you can select another to edit.
On the content list page, you can see if the content is locked or not and for how long already.
If "No", you can open the edit form to lock and start working on it.
The status of the content is still Locked if you are the one who locked it before. The lock is kept max of 15 minutes for a user to edit.
If you need to work on that page and see that the lock is over 15 minutes. You can click on edit and break the stale lock.
The content will be unlocked after saving the content.
You can keep the lock maximum 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, another user can break the stale lock and work on that page.
In case you need more time to work on this page, you can save the page, then edit it again. You will renew the lock in 15 minutes more.
Please remember to unlock the content when you are done on this page.
You can unlock the content after saving your changes. However, please keep in mind that you continue keeping the lock if you are opening the edit form and navigating away.
If you don't want to edit the page, please click Unlock button below to release the lock.
In case you see any issue with unlocking the content, please send an email to email@example.com or send mail to Havas team.
PLI website has several cache layers. A request will hit cache layer(s) before it reaches out the application in order
- CloudFront cache:
- Lifetime: 24 hours. it can be managed in Drupal Configuration.
- Content and Expire time: vary on region, URL. 1 edge for each region.
- Varnish cache: similar to Cloudfront cache
- Lifetime: 24h
- There is 1 edge for all regions.
- Expire time: vary on URL
- Drupal cache
From CMS admin ( Connected as CMS Power User), normally, your request won't hit Cloudfront cache.
On Front, if you want to bypass CloudFront cache, you can add a dummy parameter on your URL to access the same page, which URL is not yet cached on Cloudfront yet. Next time, you need to change the parameters.
For drupal cache:
- You could be logged as the administrator and click on "Flush all caches" at the top of the admin navigation bar.
For CloudFront and Varnish caches:
- You have to request support to clear caches from the dev-ops team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other caches (For Admin):
- Clear metadata cache: admin/config/media/s3fs/actions
How to view my updates on front
When you access PLI Website CMS as a Power User, and update a page/section, from CMS you will see immediately your changes.
Update a page/section will create a new revision of the page/section.
How to preview changes on CMS?
- View => display the current version on Front
- Latest revision: This tab is displayed when the latest revision is not the current revision and displayed on Front=> display the latest revision that you are updating on CMS
- If the latest revision sate is Draft|Waiting For Approval => your changes are not published yet and not visible on front, for the visitor
- Once the updates are reviewed and published, your updates will be visible on front, for the visitor.
How to test the final display on Front:
However, we have several cache layers mentioned in the "Cache" section. If the visitor's request hit Cloudfront, the latest changes in not rendered to the visitor as they are accessing the old revision.
For some case, from different regions, the user missed Cloudfrong cache and will be the latest revision. The Cloudfront cache will be expire within 24h (max). Since, the cloudfront cache is rebuilt with the latest revision.
- You can test by using dummy parameters to bypass the cloudfront email@example.com
- In case you need to rebuild the Cloudfront cache to ensure that everyone will be see the latest revision, please send email with list of Page URL that you want to rebuild Cloudfront Cache to the Dev team at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to work with Media section
CREATE A NEW ARTICLE
- Click Manage >Add Content > Article
- Title: Article Title . It will be displayed in the Media list page
- Publish date: The date the this article was published. It can be different from the date you created this article.
- Carrousel Section: the banner displayed on top of the Article detail page
- Article type: Please keep the default value as "News"
- Article category: you can select one or several existing categories
- Archived date: you can please this field empty. However, it's better to select a group. If it's not existing, please contact Havas team to create a new one
- Preview image: Mandatory. It's thumbnail image is displayed in the Media list page
- Hero image: Mandatory. it's displayed on the Media List page carrousel
To show the news page in the news list page, you must input the data for the mandatory fields, and don't forget these fields below:
- Carousel section => These data will be shown at the top of the detail page
- Hero image => This image will be shown in the slider of the new list page
- Preview image => This image will be used as a thumbnail of this page and shown on the list page
- Article type = News (To make sure this page will be shown in the new list page)
- Summary: in Body field, please click "Edit Summary" and provide a short description. This text will be displayed in Media list page
- Body: Article text. If you have some pictures, please upload them into Media Gallery before.
- CTA: if you have link, you can provide it with text. It will be displayed at the end of the article as CTA
Once you complete editing the Article. Save and publish it.
To see the newly created Article on the Media list page. Please wait for 15 - 30 minutes to let the CMS rebuild the index of the Article. The cron job to rebuild the index is scheduled every 30 minutes.
Note: As an administrator, you could run "Index now" by yourself in this URL
You can also flush "View cache "to see the new article in the carrousel banner sooner.
Then from CMS, when you logged in, you should see right away the newly created Article on the Media list page.
To see on the front, you need to bypass Cloudfront cache by adding dummies parameters in the URL. for ex: /media/news?V=1111
Cloudfront cache will be refreshed every 24h. The moment will be different in various regions.
If you need to clear Cloufront in special request, please contact to the support team.
If you don't see your newly created Article on the Media list page, it can be one of the reasons.
- Missing mandatory fields: Hero Image, Article type
- Wrong Article type. it should be "New"
- Ensure that your Article is already published
- Your Article is not indexed yet. => please come back after 30m (max) or contact the support team
- Ensure that Global news are created from Master and assigned to all Domains
- Create translation to all languages and set the Status = Draft if you don't want to publish it. A notification will be sent to local agency when the translation is created.
- The translation texts will be copied from the original content in English.
- If you have many pictures in the body, please upload them into Gallery then import to the body.
How to work with ekino JIRA
Please contact Local Market Lead to ask for the JIRA account.
When your JIRA account is created, you should receive an invitation from ekino JIRA to activate your account.
If you missed the activation email, please contact email@example.com to resend the invitation.
Once your JIRA account is activated, please inform ekino team to add you to this project https://jira.ekino.com/projects/PLISUPPORT
When succeed, you can see here the list of opening tickets:
Here is the sample ticket: https://jira.ekino.com/browse/PLISUPPORT-2
Clone this ticket, add your texts, set the priority
Whenever someone comments/updates the status of your tickets, an email notification will send to you.
You can view the status/comment on your ticket's detail page. for ex: https://jira.ekino.com/browse/PLISUPPORT-2
You can see others in this board: https://jira.ekino.com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=3382&view=detail&selectedIssue=PLISUPPORT-2
- TODO: your opened ticket is not yet reviewed and qualified by the DEV team. In this sate, the request may be sent back to you to provide more information, clarify the expectations,...
- QUALIFIED: you ticked is confirmed and plan to handle
- ONHOLD: because of some issues, we have to hold on to your ticket. Handle it laer
- IN PROGRESS: we are working on it
- DONE: we finished the fix/improvement/request but on our DEV environment, not yet on PRODUCTION environment
- DELIVERED: your requests is treated and ready on PRODUCTION environment and assign back to the reported to confirm. If OK, please Close it, otherwise, please requalify.
- CLOSED. everything is done